Emergency Numbers

Hopefully, you’ll never need the information on this page but accidents do happen, so here are some numbers to call in an emergency…


1155 – Tourist Police

The operator should speak English and should be able to help arrange other assistance.

191 – Royal Thai Police

This is the hotline of the Royal Thai Police. However, sometimes operators do not speak English.

1669 – Ambulance service

Call this number to request a public ambulance. I’ve never had to do so (one magically appeared when I needed one) but am informed that operators should speak English.